Halloween is coming! It's time to throw a big party and prepare spooky recipes for your friends to welcome them to your haunted house.
Halloween is a Celtic holiday which was like a new year party and lasted at least 7 days.
Today, it is widespread in the world in particular in the United States, in Canada, in New Zealand, in Australia, in Ireland, in Great Britain then in France, in Belgium and in Switzerland.
A popular activity is the candy hunt, also known as “Passage Halloween”, during which children dress up in scary costumes and go door to door with their neighbors asking for candy. Once the door opens, the magic phrase to say is “Farce ou Candise” which means a spell or a candy.
But for adults, the Halloween party translates to a party where everyone turns into evil monsters with cute costumes and scary makeup in one of their friends' haunted houses.
We have selected some scary recipes for you to prepare for Halloween.
10 spooky Halloween recipes
1- Fresh red juice from Bloody Mary
To start, offer your guests a good Bloody Mary juice that looks like fresh blood. For this recipe, you will need:
- 1 beet
- 1 Apple
- 4 oranges
- 1/2 glass of grapefruit juice
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- Squeeze the juice from the oranges and pour it into the blender. Add the chopped beetroot.
- Peel the apple, remove the core, cut it into pieces and add the pieces to the blender with the honey and grapefruit juice.
- Mix and enjoy!
2- Monster Burger
It's an aperitif that will please your guests and you can diversify with other ingredients such as mini hamburgers with ground beef for carnivores and for vegetarians, mini tuna burger, mini vegetable burger.
Mini minced steak burger
- 4 mini burger buns
- 4 mini minced steak that you can prepare yourself
- 4 slices of emmental cheese
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 onion
- stuffed olives
- 8 toothpicks
- Salt pepper
- Cut each burger bun in half and place them on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread Béarnaise sauce on the base of the bread.
- Peel and finely chop the onion. Cut the gherkins into thin strips and place a little on the Béarnaise sauce. Rinse and cut tomatoes into slices, and arrange one or two on top of the sauce.
- Cut only one side of each slice of Emmental cheese into small triangles to make the monster's teeth. Drain the stuffed olives.
- In a very hot non-stick skillet, cook the slightly rare ground beef, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the burgers, adding the sauce, the onions, the gherkins, and the tomato on top, the ground beef, then the slice of Emmental cheese, protruding slightly, generously add ketchup, letting it overflow a little as if to make blood, then close the burger cap. Wedge slices of pickle to make the tongues.
- Bake for a quarter of an hour to cool down, prick the olives with a toothpick and at the end of cooking, arrange them on top to make the eyes.
Mini tuna burger
- 4 mini burger buns
- 1 can of natural tuna
- Salade leaf
- Cut each burger bun in half and place them on the baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Spread with mayonnaise sauce or Saint Morêt cheeses.
- Open the can of natural tuna, drain it and then mix the tuna with the mayonnaise.
- Arrange the burgers, adding the mayonnaise sauce on top, generously add tuna with a lettuce leaf, then close the burger cap.
- Add toothpicks and olives to create this spooky mini burger.
3- Mini Halloween Pizzas
With these mini Halloween pizzas, create ghosts, spiders, mummies, monsters, let your imagination run wild!
- Pizza dough
- 200g tomato sauce
- 50 g of grated cheese
- 10 black olives
- 1 ball of mozzarella
- Using a cookie cutter, cut discs of pizza dough. Arrange them on a plate.
- Cover the discs of dough with the tomato sauce. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Cut off the end of the black olives. Then cut the rest into thin strips. Arrange to form the body and pasta of the spiders.
- Cut the mozzarella into oval-shaped pieces. Arrange on the pizzas. Cut small cubes of black olive and arrange them to form the eyes and mouths of the ghosts.
4- Halloween black candy apples
Turn your candy apples into spooky cast spells. the red candy apple turns into a black apple as in Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- 8 dark red apples
- 500g white sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- 20 cl of water
- 5 drops black food coloring for baked sugar
- Wash and dry the apples. Remove the tail, then insert wooden sticks up to 2/3 of the apple, without piercing it. Book.
- Pour the sugar into a saucepan. Add the water. Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the pan. Bring to the boil. Lower the heat slightly to prevent the caramel from burning and simmer until the mixture takes on a golden color. To check for doneness, drop a drop of caramel into a glass of water: the drop should solidify immediately. Remove the pan from the fire.
- Add the coloring drop by drop while mixing well.
- Dip the apples in the caramel, coating them well, then place them, stick side up, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5- Halloween witch fingers
To make the party scarier, serve witch fingers to your guests.
- 350g flour
- 225g softened butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 100g whole almonds
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Raspberry jam
- In a salad bowl, mix the butter with the icing sugar, the extracts and the egg. Add the yeast and salt, then the flour.
- Knead until you get a nice ball of dough, cover and leave to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160° (th.5/6).
- Take teaspoons of dough to shape sausages, crushing lightly at the phalanges. Draw the folds of the skin with the tip of a knife.
- Place an almond at the end of each finger to imitate the nail, pressing lightly. Place the fingers on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- At the exit, gently remove the almonds. Place a hint of jam and press the almond again. Also dip the other end of the fingers in the jam.
But to make your Halloween 2022 party a success, we offer you some products on our site Shoppydeals.fr.
1- 5v Spider Web Led Light Garland Remote Control
Decorate your rooms with these spider web string lights which will turn your house into a haunted mansion.
2- Grim Reaper Horror Props Halloween Decorations
This product is a hanging skeleton ghost prop, which can be used as a Halloween decoration prop.
Shoppydeals wishes you a happy Halloween!
Also discover our website Shoppydeals.co.uk…
Join the community on our social networks: